The cabin makeover is almost complete … well at least the majority of the difficult work. What remains is some cleanup and finish work. The gutters around the cushions will be lined with the same fabric used to make the new cushions. The difference in the cabin is substantial. The original liner was loose, dried out and stained in areas giving the cabin a dark, gloomy appearance. The tongue and groove maple brightened up the cabin and achieved the inviting look that I was searching. I installed a new ‘blue tooth’ stereo system that I can connect to from iPhone and play music stored on my device. I replaced the speakers in the cockpit with some new speakers and I added 2 speakers to the cabin. The quality of the sound is much better than what I had before.
I have all of the patterns cut out with the new fabric for the cushions. I’ll be using a 4″ open cell foam. The first step will be to sew the zippers into the boxing and then sew all of the boxing together. The next step will be to sew the top of the cushion to the boxing. The bottom piece gets sewn next to the boxing and then the foam gets inserted into the cushion fabric … with a little luck, everything should fit together.
The new head arrived today so I’ll be installing it sometime later this week. The existing holding tank has 2 maybe 3 problems. The first problem is the hoses are old so they need to be replaced. Replacing the hoses should solve the second problem which is a vacuum leak where the hose connects to the holding tank. The third problem is the wiring to the sensors has corroded off. I’ll reattach the wires and hopefully the sensors work. If the sensors still work, the system will be good to go. If not, I’ll have to order some parts and do a little more updating. Once these issues are resolved, I’ll give the head a good thorough cleaning and I can declare the boat as ready for the 2016 tuna season!
Now for some Before and After photos.
Entrance to Cabin
Sleeping Area in Cabin