Lots of items started, not too many finished ... yet. So, let's step through each item for a progress report:

1. Bottom paint - finished up on Sunday!

 

Before

After

2. Exterior hull - buffed and polished, application of new Grady White decals is complete. Once I get the new boat name graphics, I can install on each side. I may take one more shot at polishing before applying the wax. The hull had a lot of oxidation and while it looks much better, one more round of polishing might be good insurance to maximize the effect. 

Before

In Process
Buffed, polished and GW decals applied to hull

 

3. SeaDek Coaming Bolsters - I received the sheet of grey SeaDek. I used this to place over all of the weathered Faux Teak around the deck. There is also more faux teak in the cockpit which I'll finish off after the gauges have been replaced. I have ordered the rest of the SeaDek for the rails on the stern, port and starboard sides. These will be custom cut pieces with a little 'spice' added. Unfortunately, they'll likely take 3-4 weeks to receive. If that is the case, it will be still be well worth the wait.

 

Before

 

After

4. Revitalize Teak - As shown in the last post, I cleaned the teak doors, applied teak brightener and then finally a couple coats of teak oil. 

 

Before

After

5. Begin to remove beat up decals inside and on the upper part of the boat using the whizzy wheel.

 

6. The pulpit is coming along fine. I expect to have the repaired pulpit installed sometime this week. It's not done and it already looks 100% better!

7. The new gauges have arrived. I may be swapping out one of the gauges for another option which will delay the install one more week.

8. The rub rail has arrived and I expect that this will be installed early this coming week.

9. The 2 fiberglass/gel coat repairs  on the exterior just below the gunwales on the port and starboard side are finished. 

I expect to be done with the exterior of the hull by Tuesday which means the rest of the work will be done inside the boat. There are 2 box lids that have delaminated. I plan on removing these tomorrow and bringing home so that I can do the fiberglass repairs and make them better than new. Once all the gel coat repairs have been completed on top of the rails and box lids, I plan on roughing up the gelcoat and spraying a light layer or 2 of gel coat to finish it off. Once this is completed, I can buff, polish and wax. I've been looking at the existing chairs and they have definitely seen better days. The pedestals are rusted and the seat controls are shot. The cushions have rotted out. New seats and pedestals have been added to my list. I should be able to begin stripping paint off the painted aluminum windows this week. I'm still on schedule to finish in 30-40 days although the SeaDek may push the final item out a little bit more. I expect everything else to come in on time. Until next time ...

 

Share This

Share this post with your friends!

%d bloggers like this: